2.16.2015

forget the mold and DO YOU

So like I said in my Instagram post last night I am making an announcement today. A life announcement, this decision is going to change the direction of my life and I'm so excited! If you have been reading along you might have picked up on the fact that I absolutely DO NOT like college. It is probably the most dreadful thing.... ever.... Sure is the social life fun? Yes it is! Is the living on my own exciting? You betcha. But is college thrilling? HELL NO it's not! 

So here's the lowdown... I've decided to go to cosmetology school!! I wanted to do this during my senior year of high school but was discouraged to do so.. The story begins last weekend when I went to a local hair salon here in Rexburg with the intentions of dying my hair to a silvery blonde. L O freaking L, 5 hours and way too much money later I walked out of the salon and felt so ridiculously ugly I wanted to cry and never leave my apartment again. So the next day I called another local salon called Tami's and they got me right in to fix it. That time when I left I felt hot as hell and I was ready to take on the world. A couple of days later I got a phone call from my homie who I sometimes call Mom, and she said "You hate school, you are only there because you feel like you have to be and you don't enjoy it. Have you ever re thought about going to cosmetology school?" well truth is I had, when I was leaving the first salon I wanted to be a stylist that NEVER let anyone walk out of a salon looking the way and feeling the way I did about myself that day. 

I love people and getting to know them on a personal basis. I love creating truthful and honest friendships with people, I am someone who would rather someone leave feeling better than the way they came. So I am excited to embark on this new journey starting here in Rexburg on April 14. I know it is going to be a long year that will still throw me many challenges, but I'm ready to take them head on. A special thanks to all my family and friends that are supporting me in this decision and making me feel like it truly is what I will thrive at. 

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

winter, alex and ani, camo jacket

missin my shibbnut like crazy!! Love you girl!

Jacket: Nordstrom || Tank: M1M1K || Bracelets: Alex and Ani 

PHOTOGRAPHY: c/o Ashley Morgan Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment